Sunday, December 12, 2010

WHO AM I?

So I was researching my name on the internet because one day a while back, a woman asked me if I knew what my name meant I said “No what does it mean?” She would not tell me and told me to go look it up for myself. Like most people I never did, lol, but the other day something just made me start digging. In one translation Leah meant weary, in another Lia meant bringer of good news. Now those are two completely different meanings to me, so I went to my man JC and asked Him what it meant. This scripture came to me:
Galatians 6:9 (King James)
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Galatians 6:9 (Amplified Bible)
“And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.”
You see in doing good and trying to walk the path less taken I get weary and tired and wonder what it’s all for. To me “doing good” is like the blogs I do, the mentoring etc., that allow me to express good news and encouragement to others and being there for those when they need me. That is what "weary" and "bringer of good news" means to me. So when people are like “why is she always happy all the time”, my response is simply that I was destined and created to be. Now I do have my down times don’t get me wrong, I am human! But my good outweigh the bad and complaining will get you no further in life but to the next person that will listen. Now you know me, but do you know yourself and why you were given the name you have? 
Challenge: Find out what your name means and ask yourself are you living up to what you were destined to be or are you bowing to what others have deemed you to be?

2 comments: