Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Just Like Riding A Bike"

I was looking at my friend’s blog and read about how she saw a bird and knew that the Lord was speaking to her through the bird. I became very envious of her. You see, I used to have that relationship with the Lord where I knew he was talking to me and directing my path. Somewhere along the line we got disconnected. So I prayed that I would be able to reconnect so I could hear His voice and direction He has for my life.

Well this morning it just so happened that I didn’t have to go into work early so I dug my bike out the garage and went for a ride. Now mind you I have not rode a bike since I was like 5 lol. Needless to say feeling nervous was putting it mildly. As I was riding the Lord began to speak to me. He allowed me to realize that the old saying holds true “It’s just like riding a bike” all you have to do is get on. All I had to do was listen and make myself available to hear Him. I didn’t have to take lessons all over again; I could pick up where we left off if I put forth the effort.

In life, sometimes we get so caught up in ourselves that we feel like we don’t need to depend on anyone and we can do it "All by ourselves." So I naturally got comfortable and confident riding my bike, thinking I was 5 again that I thought I could ride with one hand. Wrong move to make! Definitely almost crashed, but realized my session with the Lord wasn’t through. He was telling me that A) This is how our relationship got broke in the first place, I stopped depending on Him and tried to steer my own course, and B) If I don’t get my life together and stay focused on Him eventually I will crash and picking up the pieces won’t be as easy as putting my hand back on the handle bar.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:13"

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Leia! I needed that....its crazy how God uses other people as vessels to speak life into your current situation....

    -Monisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I could help. He uses people to speak to me all the time so it's only right to share the wealth:) Take care sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. speechless.. the voice behind this message is soo powerful. All i can really say is thank you

    ReplyDelete