Thursday, September 23, 2010

Money, Money, Money, What do you serve?

So I was at Michael Baiseden’s million mentor campaign today and a man approached me. He wanted to know if I was interested in creating a mentoring program in my city. I’ve been thinking about a mentoring program for my city anyways so I said sure. He said you can create a position and make some money. I laughed. He said you laugh but I’m serious, you have to dream big, etc…. I said I laughed because I don’t do it for the money, I’ve had people and still have people that are willing to mentor me and I feel it’s my responsibility to do the same for others.
He said I like that answer I was testing you. Don’t chase the money let it chase you.
In life we are always given chances to show people the goodness and humility of God. I’m a servant first in everything I do. I don’t do it for the money, I don’t do it for recognition, I do it simply because God has given me a heart to serve others and see them happy. He provides me with the rest of the stuff I need according to His standards.
I guess when you sit down and think about it God gives us his riches when He feels like it and takes them back when He feels like it. Why chase and live for something that you have no control over and doesn’t belong to you?
It is my desire that the Lord will say to me, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things’
I love to make women feel good about themselves, I like to help the youth head in the right direction, and I love that I can do many things to help others and feel satisfied even if I don’t receive one penny for it. That is truly a blessing to be able to find purpose in life in knowing that it is not my own but to be used for the Glory of God.
1 Peter 4:10 
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.

“You have not lived a perfect day, even though you have earned your money, unless you have done something for someone who will never be able to repay you.”
“Ruth Smeltzer”

2 comments:

  1. I'm really feeling this post. Many people assume that your hard work + your time and dedication = a monetary reward. Without this monetary reward they fail to be productive.

    Money is important, but like you said don't serve it. Personally, I think that's how you know a person's true character - it shows what their heart reflects.

    Serving others is rewarding in itself.. Leia feel free to mentor me anytime =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenys I am always here for you when you need me!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it was truly God ordained that we met and I'm so thankful for that:)

    ReplyDelete